Several things I’ll be doing in 2017:
- Learning to draw light and shade with Will Kemp Art School
- Giving urban sketching a go, also with Will Kemp Art School
- Having a bash at character design with Lynne Chapman’s course on Craftsy
- Completing a few more monthly Art Prof Art Dares (check out the new website when it launches in early 2017)
- Using up a few more art and craft materials
- Redesigning my blog
Although I won’t be writing my New Year Resolutions until March, I have hopes of a simpler yet more creatively focused 2017.
For me, 2016 was a bit of a learning curve, not least because I launched Filbert & Smudge, and committed to several creative challenges, some being more successful than others. I discovered charcoal, watercolour, and watersoluble graphite, and attempted a little character design and urban sketching. I still have three months to work on this year’s challenges, but writing my weekly posts has given me a new optimism. And it’s time to take this prolific creativity thing more seriously, hence the blog redesign.
Wishing you all a happy and healthy New Year.
WordPress Discover Challenge: Retrospective
The post Not Quite a New Year first appeared on Filbert and Smudge.