Several things I’ve learned this week:
- You need a good supply of neutrals in your wardrobe to make getting dressed a breeze.
- Changing your medium can recharge you.
- Watercolour paper is no good for a charcoal drawing.
- Autumn is a great time to update your art materials, thanks to Back to School offers.
- Pencil erasers are great for drawing into charcoal.
- I don’t know how to draw.
The last one isn’t exactly true, but I’ll write about that soon.
In the meantime, I’m entering the Art Prof September Art Dare, where visual artist and RISD adjunct professor Clara Lieu is challenging people of all ages and artistic abilities to draw a self-portrait in charcoal for a chance to win a prize. You can read more about the drawing challenge here, and I’ll be posting my final drawing before the deadline on 30 September 2016. For now, here are my thumbnail sketches and work in progress photos.
I hope to see you there!
WordPress prompt: Recharge
The post Recharging with Charcoal first appeared on Filbert and Smudge.